Monday, January 16, 2012

Retro City Rampage Still Forthcoming



The long-awaited 8-Bit GTA parody is "almost at the finish line" according to its development blog. I can't wait to get my classic controller on this game. I've actually been watching development since the project was titled "GrandTheftendo" and was a Famicom homebrew project. Thankfully the developer scrapped that idea in favor of the possibilities available in a modern format.

If you wanna see some screenshots, click here.

You can also read the post I made right after E3 about Retro City Rampage.

Hopefully Nintendo won't drag asses with this project, but knowing them, they will. You'll be able to download the game on either the 360 or Wii, and its nice to see cross-platform publishing that includes the Wii.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm interested in this, but after Saints Row: The Third I need a break from the whole sandbox-styled gameplay.

mrjordak said...

Shame it isn't coming to PSN :(

8bitcity said...

you never know, it could come out for PSN in a year or something.

Personally, I'll never get tired of sandbox gameplay -- only stupid mission.

mrjordak said...

Well, it's not big deal to be honest, I have a Wii. PS3 is just my console of choice.

Ah well, this looks awesome :D