Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Neutopia Strategy Guide Scans



Neutopia was the Turbo Grafx 16's answer to The Legend of Zelda. It's got just as much charm and adventure as Nintendo's golden classic, plus the benefit of NOT BEING ZELDA--a game which most of you readers have, like me, demolished over 20 times.

You can snag an easy copy via the Wii's Virtual Console for 6 bucks; I've had this game for about 3 years now and I've yet to really sink my teeth into it. It's a great game, I've just lacked the dedication to conquer it and its sequel (Neutopia II, also released on the TG16 and WiiVC).

I found these scans in an old Turbo magazine. This walkthrough for Neutopia is amazing, and I'll probably peak at these things if I get into some trouble. I'll try not to use them, but in any case the artwork is strange and much different from the in-game style. Looks like they wanted to "Westernize" the game for American audiences...

But Neutopia's got the style, the challenge, and definitely the music to justify playing this game in 2011, so give it a try!








No comments: