Tuesday, February 22, 2011

STAR TRACKS: The Star Quest Soundtrack



Several readers asked about the soudntrack and even more commented on the amazing music. Well, here it is! Star Tracks: The Star Quest Soundtrack. 30 tracks were used in the game, but the download includes 5 bonus tracks that did not make the final cut.

These represent years of searching the internet for the very best midis, as well as blatantly ripping off the most intoxicating pop hits of the 20th Century. Star Quest deals with complicated ideas of paramount importance; the unnecessarily epic music, therefore, is fitting.

I didn't create any of these songs, but a lot of other people did. I wish I knew who made these midis. I can't even identify some of the songs (ao.mid for example), I've just had the files for 10 years. Some of them I downloaded off of webpages in the late 90s, when people often played them on websites (early html was highly functional with embedding and playing midis!).

No infringement is intended, and this download is intended for scholarly use only. The entire enterprise is not-for-profit, including this website, so don't sue me.

DOWNLOAD STAR TRACKS: THE STAR QUEST SOUNDTRACK (under 4 Megs)




4 comments:

X_Legend said...

downloading!

8bitcity said...

Damn, two tracks are misnumbered. Oh well, not a big deal, all the songs are there, and more.

If you still haven't gotten past the first dungeon, I'm posting the map now so you can hear these songs in the actual game if you want to.

mrjordak said...

Sweet, downloading :D

mrjordak said...

Wow, I didn't know it had Dr. Wily Stage 1 from Mega Man 1 on it :D

I did a cool cover of that myself a long time ago: http://midishrine.com/midi/40216.mid

That link might be dead by the time you listen to it, if so lemme know.